[openEHR-announce] News: Specifications Committee May 2015 meeting

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com
Tue May 26 09:11:28 EDT 2015

The openEHRSpecifications Editorial Committee (SEC)
<http://www.openehr.org/programs/specification/editorialcommittee>met
for 2 days in Alkmaar, at the offices ofCode24
<http://www.openehr.org/industry_partners/code24>who kindly provided a
nice working space, catering and friendly support. Eight of the 12
members were there in person, with remote participation by the remaining
four.

We were glad to have the in-person presence of Shinji Kobayashi (SEC
member) and an observer, Asst profNaoto Kume
<http://www.design.kyoto-u.ac.jp/faculty/n-kume.html>, both from Kyoto
University of Japan.

A lot of work was done over the two days, primarily aimed at dealing
with a back-log ofProblem Reports (PRs)
<https://openehr.atlassian.net/browse/SPECPR/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel>and
defining the next releases of key components. Work is ongoing, as can be
seen on the variousspecifications Jira trackers
<https://openehr.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10190>. The
openEHR community is encouraged to review and vote for Problem Reports,
in order to help us determine priorities for the future.

We also made the following resolutions regarding Services/APIs and FHIR:

  * Publish REST-based data service specifications with Marand's
    EhrScape as a starting point
  * Update SOAP service definition
  * UseErik Sundvall's REST paper
    <http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6947/13/57>as a basis for
    defining API URIs and named queries.

Forthcoming releases, with approximate dates will include:

  * ADL/AOM 2.0 - June 2015
  * RM 1.0.3 - July 2015
  * ITS (XSDs) 1.0.3 - July 2015
  * RM 1.1.0 - November 2015

The exact dates and roadmaps can be found on the relevant Jira projects.

The next face to face meeting will be in September, most likely in
Stockholm or Slovenia. A limited number of non-voting participants will
be able to attend, according to available space.