[openEHR-announce] Welcome to our new openEHR Ambassador - Philippines

Ian McNicoll ian.mcnicoll at openehr.org
Mon Oct 2 06:18:25 EDT 2017

It is with great pleasure that we announce the appointment of our new
openEHR Ambassador- Philippines.

http://www.openehr.org/about/ambassadors

Ryan Julius A. Bañnez, MD (Philippines)

Ryan obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of the
Philippines, Manila, and pursued a fellowship track in Medical Informatics
at the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health,
Bethesda, Maryland. His areas of interest include health data analytics,
mobile health, population health management, and machine learning for
health. Ryan has been involved in the design, development, and analysis of
health IT projects that are implemented in resource-limited settings.

Ryan has been a part of the Health Information Management Systems Society,
Asia-Pacific region governing council, and is serving as the Governing
Council Chair for 2017-2018. Ryan has served as Chief Medical Informatics
Officer in a health IT startup. He is also a lecturer for Health
Informatics at prestigious universities in the Philippines. At present, he
is the Medical Informatics Lead of the Ayala Health Care Holdings, Inc, and
a health IT consultant at the National Kidney and Transplant Institute,
Philippines.

He has been instrumental in the development of openEHR-based systems in the
Philippines and we look forward to supporting these efforts.

Dr Ian McNicoll
Prof. David Ingram