Yet another OBSERVATION vs. EVALUATION issue

Stefan Sauermann sauermann at technikum-wien.at
Tue Aug 14 10:43:29 EDT 2012

Just out of the Risk analysis box see eg. ISO 14971:
Took me some time to figure it out, so I share it just in case:

Risk consists of:
- A hazard
- a probability that this hazard will typically occur
- the severity of the harm that this hazard will cause on humans or
non-human subjects
- probability together with severity will describe the risk

some parts of this may well be observations, others will be evaluations

Greetings from Vienna,

Stefan Sauermann

Program Director
Biomedical Engineering Sciences (Master)

University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
Hoechstaedtplatz 5, 1200 Vienna, Austria
P: +43 1 333 40 77 - 988
M: +43 664 6192555
E: stefan.sauermann at technikum-wien.at

I: www.technikum-wien.at/mbe