Yet another OBSERVATION vs. EVALUATION issue

Sam Heard sam.heard at oceaninformatics.com
Sat Aug 18 04:51:30 EDT 2012

Hi Stefan

The scope of openEHR is the health record. With that in mind things are
a little simpler....

On 17/08/2012 11:35 PM, Stefan Sauermann wrote:
> This is deeply philosophic, but if you want it you get it:
> ;)
>
> The fact that a smoker within a given population develops cancer is an
> observation.
This may appear in a person's health record but not in this form -
rather the smoking record and the diagnosis
> The fact that n smokers within a given population develop cancer is an
> observation.
This will not form part of a person's health record but it is knowledge
that is useful in risk assessment
> So: some elements used for risk evaluation are observations.
I dont think this is true within a health record - it is always a risk
to start to feel that you are modelling health and healthcare.

Cheers, Sam