Yet another OBSERVATION vs. EVALUATION issue

Gerard Freriks gfrer at luna.nl
Sat Aug 18 07:10:27 EDT 2012

Good.

lets ditch the term 'Diagnosis' completely.
Or use it only when we are -as you write- scientifically certain.
And use other terms. We (EN13606 Association) prefer the 'Reasons for ...' type of terms, because that is what they do in real life.
They are the excuses to do something (or nothing); they are the cost drivers in healthcare; they must be documented.

Words like 'symptom', 'sign', 'syndrome', 'diagnosis', are fuzzy terms that can mean too many things.
We need well defined terms in our systems and standards as points of reference we agree on.
Locally all users must be allowed to use their own fuzzy terms as long as they are mapped to (and used in accordance with) the reference terms.

Gerard Freriks
+31 620347088
gfrer at luna.nl