Yet another OBSERVATION vs. EVALUATION issue

Stef Verlinden stef at vivici.nl
Mon Aug 20 09:14:11 EDT 2012

I agree that we need a practical solution and that we can't change (at least not overnight) what has been going on for ages.

As an intermediate solution, it would be great if it is possible to see on which facts a diagnosis is based (or a differential diagnose is rejected) and which protocol is used in order to get to that diagnosis.

As we discussed some time ago, a diagnoses (for example 'rheumatoid arthitis') isn't a 'hard' diagnosis. Differerent hospitals/ groups of doctors/ regions/ etc. use different protocols containing different criteria to come to the diagnosis RA.

So one RA diagnosis can't be directly compared to another RA diagnosis unless they're based on the same criteria.

Cheers,

Stef

Op 19 aug. 2012, om 23:52 heeft Thomas Beale het volgende geschreven: