Yet another OBSERVATION vs. EVALUATION issue

Stefan Sauermann sauermann at technikum-wien.at
Mon Aug 20 09:37:44 EDT 2012

Hello!
Agree to practical solutions, and to not change but support what is
going on in medicine.

Is this a "general purpose" diagnosis archetype or is there any limit at
least to some area?
The discussion will be much easier and to the point if there is a
usecase. Diagnosis is very different in places and I do not see a simple
"one fits all" archetype soon.

A "general purpose" diagnosis archetype in all bloom will not provide
detailed interoperability. It will only be able to serve as search
target, and readers will have to parse the content similar to free text.

The Austrian hospital discharge summaries have very few and simple
fields in the diagnosis part, some basic diagnostic codes and mostly
free text. This made everybody happy for discharge management.

However this will not support a group that is in the middel of
developing a diagnosis.

Therefore: What is your usecase?

Greetings,

Stefan Sauermann

Program Director
Biomedical Engineering Sciences (Master)

University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
Hoechstaedtplatz 5, 1200 Vienna, Austria
P: +43 1 333 40 77 - 988
M: +43 664 6192555
E: stefan.sauermann at technikum-wien.at

I: www.technikum-wien.at/mbe