Yet another OBSERVATION vs. EVALUATION issue

Stefan Sauermann sauermann at technikum-wien.at
Wed Aug 22 04:30:50 EDT 2012

Dear Karsten, all,
We are at the moment running a working group that defines a "pathology
report" for Austria, as a means to exchange results across
organisations. We explicitly do not cover the detailed workflows that
lead to the report. Tomorrow there will be a meeting on this topic in
Germany as well. Austria will be represented and there will be
cooperation. If this group (anybody individually) wishes to join these
discussions please let me know.

We had a face to face meeting yesterday (vendors, users) and touched the
topic of "final diagnosis" for patients (not from the coroners office
but for contributing to treatment). The group decided that there is
something like a "final diagnosis". (Detailed definition still to come).

I agree to your point that things will always change for living beings.
However our group decided that it makes sense to exchange results once
all reasonable considerations have been done according to good clinical
practice.

We are learning a lot and I am more than happy to share and hear
experiences from this group. Please accept that I believe in limiting
this exchange to pathology reports and related issues in the first
place. We do not have time nor resources to discuss solutions for all
"the rest of the world".

Hope this helps, greetings from Vienna,

Stefan Sauermann

Program Director
Biomedical Engineering Sciences (Master)

University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
Hoechstaedtplatz 5, 1200 Vienna, Austria
P: +43 1 333 40 77 - 988
M: +43 664 6192555
E: stefan.sauermann at technikum-wien.at

I: www.technikum-wien.at/mbe