International interoperability

Stefan Sauermann sauermann at technikum-wien.at
Wed Aug 22 10:56:07 EDT 2012

Agree.
My preception is that the people in this community share a common vision
of doing this on the openEHR platform, within CKM. That is fine and
there is hope.

I have the feeling, that the people in this community think in many
different usecases. We seem to be talking about different flavours of
similar things without explicitly stating which flavour is actually
meant. This makes harmonisation very hard.

Would it be reasonable to establish usecases in order to promote more
focussed sub-discussions?

I am happy to engage in a "pathology report content" use case effort,
should anybody wish to join.

On behalf of the national EHR effort we are running a group of users and
vendors, so we get heavy, national scale engagement from very high
ranking experts. I also have a contracted team here, supporting and
documenting the discussion into a guideline document. I would have to
check with the bosses, but I guess they might be nudged to agree that we
could also capture the results of our discussion into the tools you
suggest (if the effort is manageable). Austria is using CDA as transport
format but that is another issue.  It does not keep us from a useful
technology-independent content discussion in this community.

Of course we would need help from others who are more experienced in the
tools and philosophy of archetypes.

This may also generate some input into the 13606 revision that is on the
move.

So: Volunteers, lets hear from you!

Greetings from Vienna, looking forward,
Stefan

Stefan Sauermann

Program Director
Biomedical Engineering Sciences (Master)

University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
Hoechstaedtplatz 5, 1200 Vienna, Austria
P: +43 1 333 40 77 - 988
M: +43 664 6192555
E: stefan.sauermann at technikum-wien.at

I: www.technikum-wien.at/mbe