HL7 ANY type

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Mon Jul 9 17:41:59 EDT 2012

Op 09-07-2012 17:15, Seref Arikan schreef:
> implementation, that would be a big set of data, which you'd have to
> downcast in your own implementation and apply filters.. Would you like
> to discuss your use case in more detail?
Hi Seref,

Thanks for your interest.

The use case is about, that we need to write a set of archetypes which
is usable as datastorage for a HL7 VMR-model in a decision-system. In
this model, there is an ObservationResult with type ANY to hold the
observation-value.
The only query-able solution we can find is to specialize the archetype
to common situations. We have, for example an ObservationResult related
to pregnancy, in a specialized archetype.
Depending on the kind of DataValue, there are other attributes.

The customers/users, however are not happy with this. They wonder how it
is be done in HL7, of they have the same problem. I don't know, does
someone know?

What would be a good solution, it would be good also if AQL had a
solution to query the type of a datavalue, and than it would be possible
to query the value, depending on the type, there would be another
attribute to query.

Someone has an answer/suggestion to this?

regards
Bert Verhees