Call for CKM Editors

Koray Atalag k.atalag at nihi.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jul 9 20:22:53 EDT 2012

Hi everyone, greetings from the South Pacific winter!

As you may also know New Zealand also have recently recommended (Reference Architecture for Interoperability - a national standard<http://www.ithealthboard.health.nz/content/health-information-exchange-architecture-building-blocks> now) using openEHR Archetypes to build clinical content models. We will use top level subject areas of ASTM CCR standard to organise individual archetypes required for health information exchange (HIE). Essentially we will be using CKM (preferably using the Aussie's CKM instance<http://dcm.nehta.org.au/ckm/> and developing content collaboratively - TBD) for governing the Content which will be designated as the single source of truth for all HIE. We are also exploring the ways which we can generate, preferably automatically by XSL tansforms, downstream wire-format artefacts, such as CDA for payload. And we are setting ourselves as the New Zealand openEHR gang under HL7 NZ.

Two weeks ago, during Ed Hammond's visit<http://www.pulseitmagazine.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1052:stars-begin-to-align-for-electronic-health-records&catid=16:australian-ehealth&Itemid=328&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter> to us at the University of Auckland, we organised a satellite openEHR Workshop<http://www.hl7.org.nz/news/21-22june2012healthcareinteroperabilitypioneeredhammondopenehr> where Heather and Hugh presented full day to a highly interested and targeted group of 25. When Heather was showing the CKM user statistics I reckon it was only 4 from NZ but when I look now it is 19! Some of these people called and asked how best they could contribute, especially clinicians. This is a great opportunity. Obviously it is now our responsibility to shoulder tap people and encourage to become Editors and reviewers. I'll do exactly that now and encourage you all to do so.

Heather and Ian I think we should have a common landing page to facilitate this call - perhaps a wiki page? The Modelling Program Web (TODO) is another option.

Cheers,

-koray