HL7 ANY type

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com
Tue Jul 10 05:39:15 EDT 2012

On 10/07/2012 07:51, Bert Verhees wrote:
> Thanks Thomas and Seref,
>
> You both were really helpful. I think I have enough arguments to
> convince my customer to do the right thing.
>
> I think the solution with more datavalues and according
> element-structures each with their own datavalue is a the best solution.
> *
> *

don't forget you can always use alternatives at the Element.value point
in an archetype - it's perfectly legitimate, e.g.

ELEMENT matches {
     value matches {
         DV_COUNT matches {.....}
         DV_CODED_TEXT matches {...}
     }
}

this means that the data has to match a DV_COUNT or a DV_CODED_TEXT,
which greatly reduces the possible unknown instance space you query against.