Archetype authoring attribution

David Moner damoca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:03:10 EDT 2012

Hello,

Back again with the licensing topic of archetypes, with a real use case.

We have been asked to help in creating a set of 13606 archetypes for breast
and prostate cancer. Although they will probably incorporate some new
requirements, the main source will be some of the openEHR archetypes
available at the CKM.
Assuming that the have adopted a CC-BY(-SA) license (I cannot recall which
is the state of that discussion), the doubts are the following:

- Converting the archetype to a new reference model is considered as a
derivation? Or the openEHR archetype is considered just as a reference
material as could be any textbook or paper?
- The author of the new archetype has to be the one of the openEHR
archetype (Ian McNicoll btw) or the person who in fact creates the new
RM-based archetype?

The underlying question here that should be clarified is to define which is
the extension of the concept "derived work".

David

--
David Moner Cano
Grupo de Informática Biomédica - IBIME

Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV)
Camino de Vera, s/n, Edificio G-8, Acceso B, 3ª planta
Valencia – 46022 (España)