openEHR members, who we are?

Sebastian Garde sebastian.garde at oceaninformatics.com
Fri Nov 16 03:35:51 EST 2012

Hi Pablo,

I would suggest the following as an estimate:
Take the distribution of the countries from CKM
(http://openehr.org/knowledge/#userstatistics) assuming that it likely
will be similar to the actual distribution.
(The distribution is calculated on the fly and the page may take a
little while to display).

Then list the total number of members from each the clinical, technical,
announcement lists (maybe other lists as well) as well the total number
of registered users in CKM.

For CKM, I was quite surprised to see (hadn't looked for a while) that
we have 988 registered users from 79 different countries.
(Of course, not every registered user is active in CKM, but on the other
hand, you don't need to register at all to get a lot of the
functionality provided by CKM.)

In combination, this should provide you with a good overview of the
community.

Regards,
Sebastian

On 16.11.2012 09:10, Ian McNicoll wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> This is a good idea.Unfortunately we only store members names and
> email addresses as part of the list. In many cases the email address
> is unhelpful in determining the location of the member. There are
> currently 428 members on the clinical list. So far we have resisted
> the idea of a more formal membership list with other member details
> but perhaps this is something that should be reconsidered.
>
> Ian
>
> On 15 November 2012 23:46, pablo pazos <pazospablo at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm preparing a presentation about openEHR for an event in Argentina:
>> http://www.hospitalitaliano.org.ar/infomed/index.php?contenido=ver_curso.php&id_curso=13164#.UKV9VORQbAN
>>
>> I'm wondering if there's any way to know how many openEHR members we are and
>> from what countries. On the CKM I know there is such functionality, but is
>> there any way to get that information from the openEHR mail lists too?
>>
>> BTW, I was invited by HL7 Argentina and I hope this could open new
>> collaboration opportunities for both communities in South America.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>> Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez
>> LinkedIn: http://uy.linkedin.com/in/pablopazosgutierrez
>> Blog: http://informatica-medica.blogspot.com/
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/ppazos

*Dr. Sebastian Garde*
/Dr. sc. hum., Dipl.-Inform. Med, FACHI/
Senior Developer
Ocean Informatics

Skype: gardeseb