Clinical modelling workshop at Medinfo?

Ian McNicoll Ian.McNicoll at oceaninformatics.com
Fri Nov 30 08:02:27 EST 2012

Hi Shinji et al,

I would be very happy to help too. I am pretty certain to be there one
way or another. Unfortunately I cannot commit to helping with any
proposals / paper writing for now - maxed-out out at the moment.

I would definitely agree with Heather that our advanced session was a
bit of a problem and I would suggest too that if at all possible try
to ensure that the Workshop happpness within the main event. Part of
our problem was that our sessions were Tutorials on the Sunday prior
to the main conference , when attendance is patchy.

Ian

On 28 November 2012 05:07, Heather Leslie
<heather.leslie at oceaninformatics.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> Shinji has kick-started a wiki page to support the proposed developer’s
> workshop at Medinfo in Copenhagen next year -
> http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/resources/MEDINFO+2013+-+Copenhagen%2C+Denmark
>

> Deadline for submissions is December 10, I believe.
>

> Who would like to be involved in the development of a Clinical Workshop?
>

> I have no guarantee and only a small likelihood of being able to attend,
> given the distance J
>

> I’d suggest it being along the lines of an introduction to openEHR modelling
> still. Whenever we run these courses at conferences or privately they
> usually very well attended. I don’t think we should focus much on more
> advanced ideas - Ian and I ran an “advanced” workshop at MIE in Pisa in
> August, focusing on the ins and outs of clinical knowledge governance, which
> we thought topical, but most of the audience were absolute newcomers and we
> had to tone it down and simplify in mid-workshop.
>

> Regards
>

> Heather
>

> Dr Heather Leslie
> MBBS FRACGP FACHI
> Director of Clinical Modelling
> Ocean Informatics
> Phone (Aust) +61 (0)418 966 670
> Skype - heatherleslie
> Twitter - @omowizard

office +44 (0)1536 414 994
fax +44 (0)1536 516317
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
skype ianmcnicoll
ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com

Clinical Modelling Consultant, Ocean Informatics, UK
Director openEHR Foundation  www.openehr.org/knowledge
Honorary Senior Research Associate, CHIME, UCL
SCIMP Working Group, NHS Scotland
BCS Primary Health Care  www.phcsg.org