lessons from Intermountain Health, and starting work on openEHR 2.x

Sam Heard sam.heard at oceaninformatics.com
Wed Sep 5 18:47:16 EDT 2012

Hi

Great to hear about the progress with Stan Huff and his team Thomas. It
has taken a lot of dipping in the water before we have got a real chance
to have an indepth collaborative approach to developing openEHR 2.0. I
believe this should process should include a few people from CIMI and
13606 who are actually running systems and know what is involved. I hope
those that fit the bill will approach Thomas to participate in the next
generation of openEHR.

I will be pushing the backward compatibility angle very hard indeed -
this can be a pain for those who want to progress. I personally
guarantee there will be no official publication of openEHR 2.0 or ADL
1.5 until we absolutely understand any issues for current systems. This
does not spring from a technical concern - rather our community's
commitment to life long health records. These are after all the asset of
the most value in the health care enterprise. There are now 60,000
people with openEHR records in one Australian repository, some with as
many as 2000 compositions.

Cheers, Sam