Instruction archetypes and overlaping nodes with INSTRUCTION.narrative

pablo pazos pazospablo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:04:28 EDT 2013

Thanks Ian & Thomas,
It seems I have to add support for rules on EHRGen to define mappings between structured data and narrative text for INSTRUCTIONS.
That way, if there's no structured INSTRUCTION or there are no mapping rules, the narrative will appear on screen to let the user input free text, else if there's some structure (like the referral case) and there are mapping rules, the narrative should not appear on screen, and when the user input data on the structure, the mapping rules will be executed to get the narrative text.
Thinking of implementation: when there are mapping rules, at least one data point from the structure should be mandatory, so narrative is not empty, but there's no guarantee that the archetype defines that constraint, maybe we need to set that constraint in templates or just leave that to apps as an extra verification.
What do you think? Does this make sense?

--
Kind regards,
Eng. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez