Representing HbA1c result (mmol/mol) in AE

Sebastian Garde sebastian.garde at oceaninformatics.com
Thu Feb 13 08:01:17 EST 2014

Hi,

Just to put some context to this:
I have implemented a UCUM units validator in CKM and also discovered
that some of the units in AE should be updated.
This will be deployed with the next release of the openEHR CKM instance
as well.

The units file in AE that Peter mentioned can have two entries for a
unit: The one used in AE for display purposes (which could be °) and the
corresponding expression in UCUM.
But I see two problems:
1. The UCUM units are not set everywhere where it is required in this file.
2. Unfortunately, even if a UCUM expression exists, it doesn't seem to
be used when AE serialises the ADL (e.g. still uses ° )

BTW: µmol/L is umol/L in UCUM

Cheers
Sebastian

On 13.02.2014 13:28, Bakke, Silje Ljosland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to do a general update of the units used in the
> Archetype Editor? There are some symbols (like "°") which apparently
> are not UCUM compatible and aren't recognised by the CKM. Also, some
> unit symbols (like "gm" for gram) aren't compatible with correct SI
> symbol use (in this case should be just "g"), and some groups/units
> like "µmol/L" (amount/volume) or "g/L" (mass/volume) aren't there at all.
>
> Kind regards,
> *Silje Ljosland Bakke*
> Adviser, R&D dept, E-health section
>
> Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen Hospital Trust
>
> Tel. +47 40203298
>
> www.helse-bergen.no <http://www.helse-bergen.no/english/>

*Dr. Sebastian Garde*
/Dr. sc. hum., Dipl.-Inform. Med, FACHI/
Senior Developer
Ocean Informatics

Skype: gardeseb