CIMI archetype examples using latest openEHR AOM & ADL

pablo pazos pazospablo at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:48:51 EST 2014

Hi Thomas,

Overviewing the content on the wiki, IMO panels are an specification of sections.

Is very weird from the modeling point of view to have a composite pattern (ENTRY, COMPOUND_ENTRY, ...) inside a composite pattern (CONTENT_ITEM, SECTION, ENTRY), is like defining a tree inside a tree in the model, but the initial model can also model the second, is just redundant. And IMO it doesn't add semantics to the model.

It is also stated that "a panel is not a Section; it has specified and fixed [potential] content", so it could be a templated section maybe (?). Without that statement, is clear that a collection of observations is just a SECTION with slots to OBSERVATIONS (archetyped or templated).

Also, the name "panel" makes me think of an user interface element, not a data structure. It would be nice to know why they need this new composite structure there, and if the requirement comes from structural needs or from information display needs.

As I see it, CIMI is mixing SECTIONS and ITEM_STRUCTURES.

OT, I tried to get closer to CIMI, but it seems difficult to participate from outside the EURO zone :(

--
Kind regards,
Eng. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez