Representing HbA1c result (mmol/mol) in AE

Ian McNicoll ian.mcnicoll at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:43:30 EST 2014

Hi Koray / Peter,

I have created an Issue for this
http://www.openehr.org/issues/browse/AEPR-30 and have attached an
updated PropertyUnits file which allows for Amount (mole) / Amount
(mole) and also changes the 'unit' for Quntified real numbers which
have an empty unit from "" to "1", inline with UCUM and the java
parser.

Ian

On 13 February 2014 12:14, Peter Gummer
<peter.gummer at oceaninformatics.com> wrote:
> Hi Koray,
>
> You could submit a change request at
> http://www.openehr.org/issues/browse/AEPR and it would be in the next
> release of Archetype Editor, unless someone has some objection to this.
>
> Once I've made the change, I could email you the updated
> PropertyUnitData.xml file from
> https://github.com/openEHR/arch_ed-dotnet/tree/master/ArchetypeEditor/PropertyUnits
> and copy it to your installation of Archetype Editor. This would save you
> having to wait for the next release ... the last release was a year ago, and I
> don't know when the next release will be because no one has been clamouring
> for it while we're busy with other tasks.
>
> Peter
>

> On 13 Feb 2014, at 14:30, Koray Atalag <k.atalag at nihi.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> Any idea how to choose mmol/mol for HbA1c result using DV_QUANTITY in
> Archetype Editor?
>
> It used to be a proportion (%) but now the international agreement is to use
> this unit which does not come as an option. Wonder if I exists in UCUM?
>
> This is such a commonly used Lab item - I'm sure someone else must have hit
> the issue.
>

> Cheers,
>

> -koray

office / fax  +44(0)141 560 4657
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
skype ianmcnicoll
ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com
ian at mcmi.co.uk

Clinical Analyst  Ocean Informatics
Honorary Senior Research Associate, CHIME, University College London
openEHR Archetype Editorial Group
Member BCS Primary Health Care SG Group www.phcsg.org / BCS Health Scotland