Link between goals and other clinical concepts

Mark Leaning marksleaning at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:00:51 EDT 2014

Hi Pablo
In cardiovascular decision support for critical care, we found that we
needed to define a goal or target zone defined by upper and lower limits
for both arterial blood pressure and cardiac output. You might like to
consider this sort of situation as well as you develop your openEHR
constructs.
Best wishes
Mark

On 20 June 2014 01:09, pablo pazos <pazospablo at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Heather!
>
> Yes, I was evaluating the goal archetype. Great, now I get what the
> "Target archetype node" is for.
>
> About that I have a question, what's the role of the "Target measurement"?
> My understanding was that's the value set for the goal (e.g. target body
> weight), not the measurement to be evaluated against the goal (e.g. current
> body weight). If that value is the measurement, where should the value for
> the goal be set? Or the idea is not to set a value like quantity but set a
> text in "Target".
>
> My question was focused on the relationship between the value set for the
> target goal and the archetype used to record the measurements to be
> compared with the value of the goal. Because the goal and the measurements
> should comply the same constraints (magnitude, units, etc)
>
> Also, what about when you have a goal for the BP and you need to specify a
> value for systolic and diastolic? Should I create two instances of the
> goal? (One for systolic and one for diastolic).
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Kind regards,
> Eng. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez
> http://cabolabs.com <http://cabolabs.com/es/home>
> <http://twitter.com/ppazos>
>
> ------------------------------
> From: heather.leslie at oceaninformatics.com
> To: openehr-clinical at lists.openehr.org
> Subject: RE: Link between goals and other clinical concepts
> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 03:13:09 +0000
>
>  Hi Pablo,
>

> Is it safe to assume that you’ve seen the current archetype for Goal? It
> is here: http://www.openehr.org/ckm/#showArchetype_1013.1.124
>

> In it we have a data element that specifically identifies the archetype
> and path of the specific node that should be used to capture the actual
> measurement, eg the weight or height or systolic blood pressure.
>

> This combination of the EVALUATION.goal archetype with various target
> OBSERVATIONs for recording the actual data is being used in implementations
> in Australia as part of a personalised care plan, as Hugh has indicated.
> The correlation with magnitude and unit constraints would be nice to have,
> but is not currently easy to achieve.
>

> Regards
>

> Heather

Dr Mark S Leaning
Engineer & Entrepreneur

   - uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-leaning/16/116/280/

   -

Managing Director, PCF Enterprises Ltd
Chairman, Helicon Health Ltd
Visiting Professor, CHIME, University College London

Mob: +44 7552 747 389

   -

   -