Link between goals and other clinical concepts

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Fri Jun 27 05:10:49 EDT 2014

On 26-06-14 09:57, Thomas Beale wrote:
> On 26/06/2014 08:33, Bert Verhees wrote:
>>
>>> sure, but like I said, this is just the same problem moved up one
>>> level. At some point, you still have to write classes with the
>>> semantics of things like Observation or Composition or whatever.
>>> Otherwise you can't get the data on the screen, or compute with it
>>> in any meaningful way.
>>
>> I think this can be solved with templates and information which can
>> be in the archetype-meta-data. Don't you agree? What am I missing?

Sorry to respond so late, it was my birthday, yesterday.

> example: this structure
> <http://www.openehr.org/local/releases/1.0.1/uml/Browsable/_9_0_76d0249_1109157527311_729550_7234Report.html>
> is inside an openEHR OBSERVATION, and most implementations use full
> Java/C#/other implementations of these classes. That enables you to do
> things like handle openEHR OBSERVATION data representing time series
> from a device natively, including varying periodicity, varying sample
> widths, and varying math functions (max, min, ave etc). This makes it
> very easy for an implementer to get time-based data from an EHR and
> populate a screen graph widget.

I leave that to the client-developers. If they want classes to create
graphs, that is fine for me. The kernel I focus on does not much more
but validating, data-storage and data-retrieval, and it offers some
templates for specific GUI-purposes.
And for that purpose I don't need classes which represent the RM.

And what they do on the client side, I doubt if they ever create
RM-classes, they have RAD-like ways of software developing and often
they mix GUI-interface-code with functional code.

We have agreed two different interface formats for posting and
retrieving data, and that is how far my concern goes.

thanks, Bert