13606 implementation?

David Moner damoca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 04:29:11 EDT 2014

Hello William,

As you can imagine, things at the Government level are always complex and
have always their own timing, but I'll try to do a summary of the
situation, so you can decide by yourself

There are 17 independent regions in Spain, with their own healthcare
services. The Ministry of Health just acts as a coordinator. In 2007 they
started a project to build the infrastructure to allow sharing the contents
of 8 clinical documents plus prescription information among the different
regions. They defined the contents of those documents (in Spanish:
https://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2010/09/16/pdfs/BOE-A-2010-14199.pdf) and even
defined the Patient Summary document in CDA (which was, by the way, the
initial reference for epSOS Patient Summary). But it was a hard task, and
even now all the other documents are still being shared in PDF format.

To solve this situation, they have decided that the first step is to
formalise the contents of the clinical documents, that were just defined in
paper as part of the law. So they chose ISO EN 13606 and archetypes as a
way to represent and share the definition of those contents and facilitate
the bindings to terminologies and subsets. The next step is to convince the
regions to follow this approach, because at the end they will be the
responsible of the real implementations. This can take some time but in
some regions the ball is already rolling.

Back to your specific questions:
- "Procedimiento" means Procedure
- "Hoja de medicación activa" means Current medication list
- The Prescription can be found in the
archetype CEN-EN13606-COMPOSITION.Receta.v1

Best regards,
David

--
David Moner Cano
Grupo de Informática Biomédica - IBIME

Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV)
Camino de Vera, s/n, Edificio G-8, Acceso B, 3ª planta
Valencia - 46022 (España)