How to model relationship between archetypes?

Li Wang daowangli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:41:21 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm try to understand how to model relationship between archetypes. For
example, there are two archetypes in CKM,

openEHR-EHR-INSTRUCTION.request-lab_test.v1 and
openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.lab_test.v1

My question is, how to express the relationship that
openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.lab_test.v1 relates to
openEHR-EHR-INSTRUCTION.request-lab_test.v1?

I tried possible methods:
1. Add an attribute in openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.lab_test.v1 referring to uid
of openEHR-EHR-INSTRUCTION.request-lab_test.v1.
2. Use archetype slots. But I think archetype slots are not allowed between
Entry based archetypes, is that correct?
3. Define a new Section archetype as container and put both
openEHR-EHR-INSTRUCTION.request-lab_test.v1 and
openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.lab_test.v1 in it.

Which is correct? And is there any better method?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Wang Li