[openEHR-announce] Extension of nominations 31 Jan 2015 - and join up now.

Ian McNicoll ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com
Sun Jan 11 08:02:29 EST 2015

Hi Pablo,

I think we all agree that the current tool has some difficulties but
its real advantage is in managing the voting process in a trusted
manner. For all its deficiencies, this particular piece of software
seems to have a good reputation in terms of handling the voting
process accurately and fairly. The last thing we want to do at the
moment is to be seen to be hacking things together, with the risk of
people claiming that the process has been unfair or inaccurate.

I absolutely agree that once this process is over, the new Management
Board should review how we manage membership lists and the voting
process for the future. Perhaps this is something that the proposed
new Web committee could look at. It would certainly be good to have
things much better integrated on the main site.

For now, I would much prefer to work on better communications on the
members site and on the main site.

I think the self-nomination question is a bit of a red-herring.

As Sam has said, there is a minimum commitment that anyone nominated
(self or otherwise)  has to commit to.

They have to want to be nominated, they have to sign up as an
Individual / Industry Partner member, and they have to provide a short
bio.

I would certainly not want to be nominated publicly by someone else
until my agreement had been sought privately or otherwise

Behind the scenes I would fully expect Individual Members to be
encouraging others to nominate themselves and offer support, or for
people to seek such support and then self-nominate.

Again, it is something that can be reviewed in light of our experience
but I don't think changing from self-nomination really makes much
difference to the practicalities.

Regards,

office +44 (0)1536 414 994
fax +44 (0)1536 516317
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
skype ianmcnicoll
ian.mcnicoll at oceaninformatics.com

Clinical Modelling Consultant, Ocean Informatics, UK
Director openEHR Foundation  www.openehr.org/knowledge
Honorary Senior Research Associate, CHIME, UCL
SCIMP Working Group, NHS Scotland
BCS Primary Health Care  www.phcsg.org

On 10 January 2015 at 12:10, pazospablo at hotmail.com