Constraining coded values

Kavanagh Richard (HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INFORMATION CENTRE) richard.kavanagh at hscic.gov.uk
Wed Jan 14 04:31:43 EST 2015

Hello all,

Within an openEHR archetype we have a scenario where we have two elements that need to be coded. Element01 and Element02

Element01 can take on values "01","02","03",04"
Element02 can take on a subset of values from superset "A" thru "Z", depending on the value of Element01

How do we express this in an Observation archetype? Is it possible

thanks
Richard Kavanagh
Head of Data Standards
Architecture, Standards & Innovation
Health and Social Care Information Centre
Richard.Kavanagh at hscic.gov.uk<mailto:Richard.Kavanagh at hscic.gov.uk>
http://www.hscic.gov.uk<http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/>

Thank you for your co-operation.