Constraining coded values

Ian McNicoll ian at mcmi.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 05:07:28 EST 2015

Hi Richard,

Are you able to flesh out the use-case a little more?

As Diego has said, cross element constraint is supported by the ADL
spec but not by any of the editing tools at the moment.
This is not really my field but I think part of the problem is coming
up with a rules formalism that can be interpreted by downstream
systems

In practice I have found that most of the cross-element constraint
rules issues are actually required at template level and are
cross-archetype ( The classic BMI calculation). This is an area where
GDL (http://www.openehr.org/downloads/ds_and_guidelines) is seen as
the best solution by most implementers. I am not too familiar with GDL
but it might well be possible to use GDL for your purpose

mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994
skype: ianmcnicoll
email: ian at freshehr.com