Constraining coded values

Kavanagh Richard (HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INFORMATION CENTRE) richard.kavanagh at hscic.gov.uk
Thu Jan 15 03:29:18 EST 2015

The models is intended to be a "semantic target" for a number of different systems dealing with BloodSpot results. To a large degree the model is being created to reflect the current status of systems so needs to reflect the current state not necessarily any future intended state (for now).

With regards to the codes :

"Status Code" used to be an enumeration but has been replaced by the SNOMED code now shown in column "ID"
"Sub Code" used to be an enumeration but has recently been replaced by the SNOMED code now shown in column "ID"

>From the threads it would appear that whereas openEHR can theoretical cater for defining these constraints this "feature" is not currently exposed in current tools. We can deal with this problem in other ways so will do so.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Regards
Richard

From: openEHR-clinical [mailto:openehr-clinical-bounces at lists.openehr.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Beale
Sent: 14 January 2015 12:18
To: openehr-clinical at lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: Constraining coded values

Hi Richard,

a few questions:

are these 'statuses' runtime statuses, i.e. set only at processing time? They would seem to be based on their meanings. Are they available in a terminology, or do you even regard them as proper terminology? Modelling something more like an enumeration of simple values could be done, depending... the existence of the subcodes makes me assume that there is some sort of structured terminology there. If not, do you want to use the archetypes to represent the tree structure of allowed subcodes under status code?

The ID column appears to be some sort of code, for a type of test or testing process step, is that correct? Who controls these codes, and when are they set?

- thomas