Re: Archetype use for generic patterns and/or for real patient data

sam.heard at openehrfoundation.org sam.heard at openehrfoundation.org
Tue Jun 2 17:03:40 EDT 2015

HI Jon

I think we have 4 levels in openEHR at the moment and you are proposing a 5th…

The openEHR Reference Model is how to represent data in the health record - all data conform to this

The openEHR Archetype Model is how to describe what data can be recorded in a health record - all archetypes conform to this

openEHR archetypes define what content can be recorded in health record

openEHR templates aggregate and refine archetypes to describe useful sets of data to record in the health record - these are for a particular purpose.

I think you are describing templates which are partially populated and have choices. This is even closer to the application space. The template constraints do allow for this sort of pre-population and it could be experimented with if you see these as valuable.

Cheers, Sam