Braden (Q) Scale

Birger Haarbrandt birger.haarbrandt at plri.de
Thu Mar 12 07:50:28 EDT 2015

Hi there,

I'm a little confused about the
"openEHR-EHR-OBSERVATION.braden_scale-child.v1" aka "Modified Braden Q
Scale" at the openEHR CKM. I would have expected some explanations in
the header what has been modified in comparison to the non-modified
Braden Q Scale. In fact, it looks mostly like the common Braden Scale
expect from an upper boundary on the "Braden Total Score" of 20 instead
of 23. As the elements are the same as in the Braden Scale Archetype, I
would expect the upper bound to be at 23, too...this just doesn't seem
right.

At the same time, I expected the "Modified Braden Q Scale" to have the
"tissue perfusion" element.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

--
*Birger Haarbrandt, M.Sc.*

Peter L. Reichertz Institut für Medizinische Informatik
Technische Universität Braunschweig und
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Mühlenpfordtstraße 23
D-38106 Braunschweig