one-to-many term bindings in archetypes

Daniel Karlsson daniel.karlsson at liu.se
Sun Mar 29 15:39:01 EDT 2015

Hi,

I would strongly recommend against having multiple targets of "term
bindings", at least for the use case presented here. Multiple targets
should not be allowed unless the targets can be securely assumed to have
identical meaning. Binding nodes in the archetype to external
terminologies through the "term binding" mechanism has, possibly among
other things, the purpose of fixing/stabilizing the meaning of the node
by reference to some external source. I realize this is not easy, but
guidelines should be developed for selecting targets of term bindings,
e.g. like what is currently (kind-of) happening in CIMI, to minimize
variability and maximize reproducibility across archetypes and archetype
usage.

/Daniel