Choice of quantities?

Bakke, Silje Ljosland silje.ljosland.bakke at nasjonalikt.no
Tue Nov 3 12:33:33 EST 2015

Hi,

We're doing some work on the tobacco smoking archetype (yes, still), and one of the identified elements is the amount of tobacco smoked. Smoking tobacco comes in two main forms; cigarettes and loose tobacco for roll-your-own or pipe smoking. This means that the "Amount" element needs to take into account both the amount as a frequency (number of cigarettes per time unit), and a "flow rate" (gram per time unit). We're trying to make this a choice element between a Quantity (frequency) and a Quantity (Flow rate), but the archetype editor doesn't allow us to add more than one quantity to a choice. Is this a tooling issue or a specification issue? If this is disallowed in the specs, why? Are there any other (and better) ways of representing this?

Kind regards,
Silje Ljosland Bakke

Information Architect, RN
Coordinator, National Editorial Board for Archetypes
National ICT Norway
Tel. +47 40203298
Web: http://arketyper.no<http://arketyper.no/> / Twitter: @arketyper_no<https://twitter.com/arketyper_no>