Choice of quantities?

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Tue Nov 3 12:51:59 EST 2015

Hi Silje,

its a tool limitation. The Archetype Editor for some reason always
represents DV_QUANTITY constraints as C_DV_QUANTITYs, but this is in
fact needed only when there are alternate unit systems and ranges, e.g.
a deg-C temp range and a deg-F temp range, and the property is the same
i.e. 'temperature'.

For all other situations it should just create normal DV_QUANTITY
constraint structures. I

This can easily be done by hand, and has the following form

     ELEMENT[at0003] matches {    -- smoking amount
         value matches {
             DV_QUANTITY[at0004] matches {    -- cigs/day
                 units matches {"/d"}
                 magnitude matches {|>=0.0|}
             }
             DV_QUANTITY[at0005] matches {    -- flow rate
                 units matches {"g/d"}
                 magnitude matches {|>=0.0|}
             }
         }
     }

However, I don't know if the tool will read this and save it correctly.

The other alternative is to use two separate ELEMENTs i.e.

     ELEMENT[at0003] matches {    -- smoking amount cigs/day
         value matches {
             DV_QUANTITY matches {
                 units matches {"/d"}
                 magnitude matches {|>=0.0|}
             }
         }
     }
     ELEMENT[at0003] matches {    -- smoking amount g/day
         value matches {
             DV_QUANTITY matches {
                 units matches {"g/d"}
                 magnitude matches {|>=0.0|}
             }
         }
     }

Here, you would not need any codes on the DV_QUANTITYs. I suspect this
is the way that the CKM editors would advise to do it, and the Archetype
Editor supports this.

ADL2 fixes all these problems ;-)

- thomas