Industry wide support for vCard BDI import and export?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Fri Nov 13 10:12:54 EST 2015

Hi, We are trying to get basic demographics import/export (BDI) using
vCard/Carddav working industry wide. This is an important first step for
doing anything with a patient in most systems. Is it possible for openEHR
to implement import/export by January 1, 2016? My company Astronaut, LLC
which supports a VistA variant has implemented it in approximately 5 hours
of programmer and test time.  Our implementation is open source. A sample
output is below. Please let me know as this would be very useful for most
people using these systems.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:ZZTEST;BILLY;;;
FN: BILLY  ZZTEST
GENDER:M
BDAY:19910101
ADR;TYPE=HOME:;;112 anystreet;Maintown;TEXAS;77025
LABEL;TYPE=HOME:112 anystreet\nMaintown\,TEXAS 77025
TEL;TYPE=HOME,VOICE:555-111-2222
TEL;TYPE=CELL:555-444-9999
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:TestEMail at yahoo.com
X-SKYPE-USERNAME:ZZTEST1234