Re: openEHR and IHTSDO (SNOMED CT)

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com
Sat Sep 26 00:35:45 EDT 2015

A number of approaches have been made in the recent past by openEHR and
CIMI, led by Dr stan Huff. The outcome is that IHTSDO do not appear to
be currently interested in a formal working relationship with the
content modelling communities (openEHR, Intermountain Healthcare, CIMI,
ISO 13606, ...).

I personally don't understand why, but this is the line they are taking.
I'm not aware of any new plans.

None of this precludes openEHR actively using IHTSDO-issued standards
and specifications, which we do. ADL / AOM 2 and tooling has now been
converted to using IHTSDO concept referencing URIs for example.

- thomas