Re: openEHR and IHTSDO (SNOMED CT)

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at oceaninformatics.com
Sun Sep 27 12:56:15 EDT 2015

On 27/09/2015 17:08, Mikael Nyström wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I found the responsible person at IHTSDO for the collaboration with openEHR Foundation. According to her, there are active discussions to be able to soon sign a collaborative agreement between IHTSDO and openEHR and then continue to work with how SNOMED CT and openEHR artefacts practically can be used together.
>
> IHTSDO also states over and over again that SNOMED CT needs to be implemented together with good information models to reach its full potential and IHTSDO hosted (at least) the CIMI autumn meeting in Amsterdam last year. I therefore don't understand your very negative attitude towards IHTSDO collaboration Tom.

yes it does keep saying such things doesn't it? However, it needs to
actively work _with_ other organisations on this. Terminology is not a
standalone proposition...

Note that openEHR has never done anything other than cooperate and
propose various kinds of formal relationship with IHTSDO - we've spent a
lot of time on that. Limited results so far...