Cloud EHRServer is about to be launched

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Thu Dec 29 05:50:48 EST 2016

Op 29-12-2016 om 6:47 schreef Thomas Beale:

> Agree with Ian...
>
> I think the correct approach is that open source software can be
> openly announced, after all, in some sense it is a gift to the
> community. Open source offerings are permanently represented under the
> Tools menu <http://www.openehr.org/downloads/ehrcomponents> on the
> website. For commercial activities, including those that use open
> source, there is the Industry partners programme, which leads to
> vendors being represented here on the website
> <http://www.openehr.org/industry_partners/>.

Hi Thomas, I am not sure about my position in this.

> There are undoubtedly better ways to announce and present these kinds
> of information, and as ever, suggestions to do so are welcome.
But thanks for the invitation to reply.

I think there must be more communication between the openehr-community
and what happens on the market (non-commercial as also commercial)

So I agree with you that there should be an announcement list for open
source projects, new releases, features, etc.
You wrote that on an other email today.

I have a question about the industry-partner announcements.
Does the current structure not have an announcement space for industry
partners? I could not find such a space.
I can imagine that industry partners would like to have an opportunity
to present their (new) products/versions to the communities, because
that is where they are often aiming to sell.
To avoid spamming by industry partners on such a list, the email-traffic
could be restricted, only once a month, for example.

And I would favor a reconsideration of the fee-price for industry
partners, I think especially for startups or individual partners, the
price is too high, especially for the first year..
I think, there will be more partners attracted to try a business,
especially when they have an announcement-list to present their
commercial ideas.

To my idea, it would be good for the foundation to support as many
interested parties as possible in finding their way in the openehr
communities.

Best regards
Bert