Better approach for announcements, forums?

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Fri Dec 30 04:17:30 EST 2016

Following from what you and Bert have said, it seems that the following
could make sense:

  * Foundation announcements list / channel (= openehr-announce list we
    have now)
  * software / libraries / tools announcements (= web home page news
    items with cog icon, also here
    <http://www.openehr.org/news_events/releases>)
      o this includes open source software libs / projects
  * commercial product offerings - currently we don't really have a way
    of doing this, but Industry Partners can post on web home page
    (factory icon)

I'm not sure what the right approach is, since there are many technical
possibilities.

Marcus Baw has proposed moving to Discourse <http://www.discourse.org/>
as a forum platform - maybe this is the kind of thing we should look at?

- thomas