Better approach for announcements, forums?

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Fri Dec 30 07:14:17 EST 2016

I have no experience with Discourse, I cannot judge how it works. Some
people, I see, like it.

Important is the push-effect. I read the openehr mailing list because it
is pushed to me. Else I would not read it.
Sorry for that, but my days are very filled up, it is easy to not do
something.
I am a member of some forums, became a member because I needed some
advice, and there are people on a forum posting all day.
But as soon as my business on a forum is done, I forget to go there.

 >  Picking up on Bert's earlier suggestion, is there room for a
'professional' membership category, costing just under 100 euro per
annum? Essentially the same as individual membership but giving very
small commercial entities, the ability to post news of software and
educational events.

Thanks Ian for picking up and I agree with how you reformulated the idea.

Bert