concept maps (Cmaps) for archetyping?

Ian McNicoll ian at freshehr.com
Mon Jan 25 05:08:18 EST 2016

Hi Hemant,

openEHR builds components which end-user systems can make use of, and does
not provide a full EPR as such. The openEHR technology is well suited to a
cloud-based solution.

You can see some of the obstetric / gyn related components (archetypes) at

openehr.org/ckm

mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994
skype: ianmcnicoll
email: ian at freshehr.com
twitter: @ianmcnicoll

Co-Chair, openEHR Foundation ian.mcnicoll at openehr.org
Director, HANDIHealth CIC

On 25 January 2016 at 09:38, Hemant Damle <hemantdamle at gmail.com> wrote:

> do we have cloud based open
> ehr for Gynecology and Obstetrics?
>
> Regards
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Ian McNicoll <ian at freshehr.com> wrote:
>
>> I have looked at the CMAP approach in the past but I am not convinced
>> that it adds much in our world, over standard mindmapping. It is certainly
>> a little more flexible but not in any key respects.
>>
>> The models are interesting and I agree are very similar philosophically
>> to archetypes. The paper was published in 2012  and I was not able to found
>> any further information on the True ERL project or avaialbility of the
>> models. The lead author, Allen Brewer,
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/allen-brewer-74218111 seems to have been
>> involved in IHE Eye Care. I will contact him and ask if the project is
>> still active.
>>
>> Ian
>>
>> Dr Ian McNicoll
>> mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
>> office +44 (0)1536 414994
>> skype: ianmcnicoll
>> email: ian at freshehr.com
>> twitter: @ianmcnicoll
>>
>> Co-Chair, openEHR Foundation ian.mcnicoll at openehr.org
>> Director, freshEHR Clinical Informatics Ltd.
>> Director, HANDIHealth CIC
>> Hon. Senior Research Associate, CHIME, UCL
>>
>> On 24 January 2016 at 21:32, Dr Evelyn Hovenga <ehovenga at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's not surprising that they didn't know about openEHR, based on their
>>> paper and listed references they don't appear to have done much of a
>>> literature  search.
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>>> pretty
>>> basic. Also they seem to treat Diagnosis as the main outcome /next step