More generic reference model

Diego Boscá yampeku at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 04:17:41 EDT 2016

Main problem I see there is that Snomed focus usually differs of what
we look in the bindings, which makes binding process quite difficult
(e.g. binding a blood pressure archetype entry with the blood pressure
snomed ct term is wrong. It should be bound to something in the lines
of "report about blood pressure").

In the end, you can see the different classes of openEHR entries as
generic entries with a (kind of) meaning provided by openEHR. Think
something in the lines of 'openEHR::OBSERVATION'. I believe that
ISO13606 part 3 proposes something in the lines of this to deal with
different RM semantics

By the way, there are countries that are proposing a national
extension to Snomed to add that kind of "report about..." terms. This
way they assure that the meaning of the archetype and the term is
exactly the same.

Regards