More generic reference model

Thomas Beale thomas.beale at openehr.org
Fri Sep 2 10:45:57 EDT 2016

Actually SNOMED did exist when we designed the openEHR RM, and even if
today's SNOMED CT had existed we would have done pretty much the same
thing I think. The Observation model for example is a structural model
of time series data, adapted to direct software use. Trying to use
SNOMED to code all that would be painful, and contrary to what SNOMED is
for.

There are other things we know we would change (AFAIK, all on the PR
tracker somewhere), but I can't imagine wanting to throw out basic
structures that make developers lives easier.

- thomas