More generic reference model

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Sun Sep 4 05:58:55 EDT 2016

Hi Ian, thanks for attaching that presentation, I saved it.

But I also read it, but I must admit, that is a bit hard, presentations
are always a bit hard to read, the person who gives the information adds
value.
But still, very informative.

And at the same time, the difference between FHIR and OpenEHR came to
mind, and also the difference purpose of SNOMED in both. FHIR is a
message format, while OpenEHR defines a storage environment complete
with possibilities for a query engine, facilities for datamining,
templates for screens, generating FHIR messages, etc.

In FHIR SNOMED is mainly be used, as I understand, to refer to SNOMED,
conceptID's, Refsets, Compositional Grammar, Constraint Language. It are
references to explain data, or the environment of the message producer.
While in OpenEHR, it can be used to facilitate the other features which
can come out of a full featured OpenEHR environment. It are these
facilities where I refer to when I talk about SNOMED in OpenEHR integration.

So I think it is another subject. But still, I am very grateful for the
presentation. I almost never have chance to visit those occasions where
these presentations are given.

Bert