BMI archetype

Bakke, Silje Ljosland silje.ljosland.bakke at nasjonalikt.no
Mon Apr 10 03:46:35 EDT 2017

I think this is a case of putting too much weight into the names of the archetype classes.

Basically:

·         OBSERVATIONs are used when you need a point in time event (or series of them) or an interval event with or without a math function, ie want the same thing done over and over again with the same protocol, or you need to specify the patient state.

·         EVALUATIONs are used when you don’t need any of the above, and the use case doesn’t fit with ACTIONs, INSTRUCTIONs or ADMIN_ENTRY either.

BMI is evidence that is reached by calculation of measurements, it’s not a clinical assessment. Based on the BMI, you could draw a conclusion that the person is obese, which would be recorded in an EVALUATION archetype (typically EVALUATION.problem_diagnosis).

Regards,
Silje