SNOMED in CKM

Bert Verhees bert.verhees at rosa.nl
Tue Apr 25 05:40:28 EDT 2017

On 25-04-17 09:32, Ian McNicoll wrote:
> Hi Bert,
>
> SNOMED CT Licensing re openEHR is under active discussion with SNOMED.
>
> The principle will be that archetypes or templates containing SNOMED
> CT codes can be freely used within systems, unless the system actually
> uses SNOMED CT codes in the patient data i.e as part of a
> defining_code or mapping, in which case a SNOMED license will be required.

Ok, I misunderstood that, I thought you were in discussion about using
SNOMED in CKM term-bindings, and that users without affiliate license
should manually remove them.
But as I understand it now, you are in discussion about permission for
using SNOMED in term-bindings, also when you have no affiliate license.

That would make life simpler for many (not for me, but our German friends)