SNOMED in CKM

Pablo Pazos pablo.pazos at cabolabs.com
Tue Apr 25 14:10:11 EDT 2017

Hi Gerard,

I don't have a strong opinion on that area, we have too many cases to state
MUST rules that might apply just to a subset of cases.

I think a more generic rule is to use term / concept codes that are at the
*semantic level* of the archetype node being defined / disambiguated.

If a SNOMED CT code is at the same semantic level as a no-leaf node of an
archetype, IMO it is OK to bind it to the node.

The basic case is the blood pressure, SNOMED has the blood pressure reading
code, then specific systolic and diastolic readings.

Also, there might be LOINC codes that might apply it those codes are on the
same semantic level as archetype nodes. If are too generic or too specific,
might not at the right definition / disambiguation.

Not sure if this is correct or not, it just feels right.

--
Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez
Cel:(00598) 99 043 145
pablo.pazos at cabolabs.com