Two LOINC codes for one lab-item

Ian McNicoll ian at freshehr.com
Wed Feb 15 05:51:55 EST 2017

Hi Bert,

I don't think this is helpful. The source of truth in dv_quantity should
always be the unit. I would not trust the LOINC code. It should be the
responsibility of the original sender/documenter to make sure the correct
LOINC code was used to match the SI unit. I would think this advice would
apply whether one was using hl7v2, FHIR, CDA or openEHR.

mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859
office +44 (0)1536 414994
skype: ianmcnicoll
email: ian at freshehr.com