Two LOINC codes for one lab-item

Wouter Zanen w.zanen at eurotransplant.org
Thu Feb 16 08:23:41 EST 2017

The use case discussed was our use case. All that has been explained
makes perfect sense from a lab perspective (Mol and Mass are different
test), however in our use case we do need to aggregate them.

In our case it is allowed to report have for example createnine in both
mg/dl and mmol/l, in the software application it will be one field with
a choice for the unit, we receive info from multiple labs in europe). We
are also looking for the possibility for electronic exchange of HL7v2
messages in the future. We use the lab test observation (inlcuding
specimem details)  and lab test panel to record the test result. We try
to bind with both SNOMED and LOINC (being flexible), on a template level
I see only two solutions:

I now see two options:
	●  Either we don't bind to LOINC and MAP Loinc codes in the
mapping software we inevitable are going to need to process the HL7V2
message. Result is one archetype with both mol and mass units.
	●  Or we invent a testfinding container archetype (Called
Creatinine that binds to Snomed) and under that we have two test panel
archetypes for  Mol and Mass. This makes building the app more difficult
but at least we know the composition is related to Createnine.
Currently we prefer solution 1.

Best regards,

Wouter Zanen

De inhoud van dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde
en kan vertrouwelijke en/of persoonlijke informatie bevatten. Als dit
bericht niet voor u bestemd is, wordt u vriendelijk verzocht dit aan de
afzender te melden en het bericht (inclusief bijlagen) uit uw systeem te
verwijderen. Eurotransplant staat door de elektronische verzending van
dit bericht niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de
inhoud, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan.
Voor informatie over Eurotransplant raadpleegt u:
www.eurotransplant.org.

This message is intended for the addressee's eyes only and it may
contain confidential and/or personal information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby kindly requested
to notify the sender and delete this message (including attachments)
from your system immediately. In view of the electronic nature of this
communication, Eurotransplant is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained therein nor for any
delay in its receipt. For information on Eurotransplant please visit:
www.eurotransplant.org

>>> Ian McNicoll <ian at freshehr.com> 16/02/2017 11:04 >>>
Helpful but do rely on having some fairly sophisticated terminology
services and available mappings.

We should keep this dialogue going as we will be working in a mixed
loinc snomed environment in a uk project.

Ian
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 at 09:38, Bert Verhees <bert.verhees at rosa.nl>