Better approach for announcements, forums?

Wouter Zanen w.zanen at eurotransplant.org
Tue Jan 3 03:46:02 EST 2017

We are starting to use discourse in our company as a means for
communicating with user groups. No real experiences yet other than
configuring the platform. Discourse offers some appealing options, one
of the best is the option to react directly by mail. So you have the
possibilities of a forum wrapped with the ease of use of an announcement
list. Alternatively you can have categories on the forum completely act
like a announcement list like this one.

During our market survey it seemed the best (down to earth) solution
for managing our small community of users.

Wouter

>>> Pablo Pazos <pablo.pazos at cabolabs.com> 30/12/2016 18:28 >>>
Personally I don't like one-way communication channels. I prefer to
receive feedback, questions, etc. and leave those questions and answers
open for the community, so others can come in and contribute.

For small communities is better to have few channels, under the same
platform, open and bidirectional.

We are thinking as engineers here, we should think as community
managers and community members.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Bert Verhees <bert.verhees at rosa.nl>