Better approach for announcements, forums?

Marcus Baw marcusbaw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:12:07 EST 2017

Hi Roger, answers to your query are below:

On 5 January 2017 at 14:18, Roger Erens <roger.erens at e-s-c.biz> wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> thanks for the summarizing the highlights of Discourse.
> One request for elaboration, please:

>> Discourse will allow a number of things to happen that you can't have at
>> present:

>> * 'accepted answer' to a question can be marked and thereafter a direct
>> link to the accepted answer is displayed right in the post asking the
>> question (a little bit like Stack Overflow, not quite as rich, but good
>> enough).
>>

> Does this mean 'accepted' by the person starting the thread/discussion, or
> by 'the openEHR community'?

​Only the author of the thread or an admin can accept the answer as correct
(but the community could certainly ask the original thread author​ to do
this, failing that an admin could do it if felt necessary)

> Is it also possible to mark an 'accepted answer' (e.g. 'Use my software
> package v1.1!') as 'outdated' (e.g. with reason 'Use software package
> v2.0!')?

​Yes, the accepted answer can be updated/changed at a later date.​

​Marcus​